Greetings To All,
Summer is upon us and PSI is NOT slowing down.
Over the past two years Perpetual Storage has been immersed in a number of reinvigorating and rebuilding steps. Due to the nature of our business we really do not see an end to this process…just a continuing series of innovations. The latest example is that we just launched a new service called ‘DataVaulting’, and there is a great amount of interest in what we have developed.
Perpetual Storage DataVaulting
While in discussions with several of our Clients it became readily apparent that they wanted PSI to add an electronic storage & data transport capability directly in our solid granite mountain. This added service would allow our Clients to retain control over their vital records assets…essentially an unbroken chain of custody over both near-line and archival data. The type of electronic storage our Clients are looking for is specific to back-up and disaster recovery. Utilizing PSI’s DataVaulting capability allows our Clients to remain in compliance with various regulations, laws and best business practices.
Identifying and successfully implementing the myriad of details/ tasks that go into the planning and execution of such a project is of incredible importance, so please rest assured that PSI sought out expert advice throughout the process. The infrastructure build-out to handle these additional services started with a ‘power audit’ that proved PSI has more than adequate power (both online and backup) to handle the first phase. Bringing in fiber optic lines was next. Fully redundant cooling was added. Special grounded flooring and customized ladder racking has been installed. 30 AMP Service is available for each cabinet/rack. A new fire suppression capability has been designed and is in the installation process. A number of other projects that help PSI prepare for this and additional phases have been completed.
Concurrent sourcing of Managed Service Providers (MSP’s) has already taken place.
The basic service has the following components:
- PSI-provided racking, power, firewall ports and connectivity (VPN or Point-to-Point)
- Either Client-provided servers or that which is made available to our Clients by MSP’s
- Tape-off and new high-density DVD DataVaulting service
Embracing PSI’s history of providing a highly secure physical data vault and utilizing it in a new way with DataVaulting, it will be possible for clients to transmit their data electronically to their own servers onto PSI premises and then have the option to have data transferred to physical media, either tape or high-density DVD, thus reducing or eliminating the need for physical transfer via truck and courier. PSI is not going into the Co-location business. We work closely with several high-quality Co-location companies. Our services augment theirs.
- Several existing PSI Clients are going to be the first in line for DataVaulting. We are looking to ‘on-board’ these clients over the next few weeks. We are in active discussions with a number of other existing PSI Clients, and are starting discussions with Prospective Clients as well. Needless to say…we are highly encouraged by the enthusiastic response that has already taken place.
- PSI will be making several announcements regarding adding Managed Service Providers as essential strategic vendors to the PSI DataVaulting program.
- We are looking to add seismic isolation platforms on which we will be placing new 42U cabinets.
- Additional diversely sourced and routed fiber optic connectivity is being installed in Little Cottonwood Canyon this summer. We are actively engaged in the planning stages of gaining access to the new fiber.
We are very excited in announcing ‘Perpetual Storage DataVaulting’. Over time we are looking to add up to 250 additional cabinets in order to better serve the demand for such services.
Please visit PerpetualStorage.com/datavaulting or contact either Jim Nowa or Pat Lynch at 801.942.1950 or 800.753.2200 in order to find out more about DataVaulting and the other services that PSI provides.
President & CEO