PSI is featured in InFocus Quarterly Magazine and speaks at PRISM International Data Protection Conference
Read PSI’s Article in inFocus Quarterly Journal
Read PRISM’s inFocus Quarterly Journal Fall 2014
PSI’s Patrick Lynch spoke at the PRISM International September event in Chicago. He discussed current trends and future predictions in data protection with a panel of esteemed peers. Take-aways included:
- While the number of tapes being manufactured is decreasing, capacity per tape is increasing exponentially. Therefore, more data than ever is being stored on tape media.
- New generation of senior managers and executives are more up to speed on technology. “They are understanding the inherent values of both processes & the data and how to mine those assets, are more aware of the costs involved, and are holding people accountable for decisions made”.
- Clients want options. Each organization has unique needs and must determine their own combination of tape, disk and cloud solutions that is right for them. This is a primary reason why PSI now offers DataVaulting
- The cost of storing and restoring archival data on tape is considerably less than on disk…4X to 24X less.
- There is a trend for back-up data moving to low-speed disk. Some DR data is also moving in that direction.
- Movie making is moving so quickly to the use of the latest generations of LTO tape that film is fast becoming a thing of the past.
- Dedupe doesn’t work on all data types e.g. Super-HD video, medical imaging, & gene sequencing.
Note: PSI can be a resource to our Clients and Prospects. If we don’t have specific answers then we are able to call on various Consultants who will be able to assist on a variety of topics.