When evaluating an offsite digital records storage provider, it may seem as though you have an endless list of questions to ask. By knowing the right questions to start with, you may get the information you are looking for more quickly and easily while at the same time determining the provider’s level of understanding by their answers.
Here are the top 5 questions you should ask your offsite storage service provider:
- How can I trust that my vital information is secure when it is sent offsite?
- Do you understand the standards and regulations specific to records management in my industry and how do you adhere to them?
- How is inventory tracked in order to locate and manage my organization’s information?
- How can my organization’s information be accessed and/or retrieved when it’s needed and how quickly can we expect to receive it?
- Will you provide me with references?
These 5 questions will open the door to conversations related to security, how your data will be stored, the reliability and capabilities of the facility’s employees, customer service, policies and procedures, as well as general facility information.
[call_to_action title=”” text=”Download the Offsite Storage Vendor Checklist to know what to ask when reviewing offsite storage facilities.” button_text=”DOWNLOAD CHECKLIST” button_link=”https://perpetualstorage.com/download-offsite-vendor-checklist/” ][/call_to_action]