Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS) provides many benefits to companies of all sizes. SaaS offers significant cost savings – in personnel, hardware and physical storage space. Your organization can easily specify what data should be backed up and how often it should be backed up to the SaaS vendor.
Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers rent the storage space to client companies and each company’s data would then be automatically transferred at a pre-specified time.
Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS) providers agree to rent storage space on a cost-per-gigabyte-stored and cost-per-data-transfer basis. Your company’s data will be automatically transferred at a pre-specified time over the storage provider’s proprietary wide area network (WAN) or the Internet. Should your organization ever lose data, due to corruption, user error, sabotage, natural disaster, or any other disaster, your network administrator would simply retrieve a copy of the data from the SaaS provider.
Here are 10 Reasons why you need Storage-as-a-Service (SaaS)
- Data is transferred to storage provider on a set schedule, no more wondering if you backed up your data or not on any given day. This allows you peace of mind that your backups are taken care of.
- Storage provider supplies software required to access stored data. No more second guessing whether or not you have the most current and secure software.
- Lost or corrupted data can quickly and easily be restored should there be an issue. Be it a natural or manmade disaster, you have access your data and can be up and running as before you know it.
- Great for small to mid-sized businesses, eliminating the need for hiring additional IT staff. Let’s face it, IT staff can be expensive SaaS helps keep costs down.
- Mitigates risks in DR by providing long-term data storage for you company.
- Companies rent storage space rather than buying it. Your organization won’t have to worry about space or extra utility costs.
- Pay–as–you–go allows for expansion on demand. Highly available 24-7, 365 days a year. When needed you can access your data from anywhere.
- Scalable and reactive, allowing for faster and easier deployment of data. SaaS also includes integrated security, monitoring and support and improved reliability backed by an SLA.
- Reduced carbon footprint. By replacing resource-heavy physical products such as video streaming and data storage components your company can save up to 60-85 percent of their energy costs.
- Reduced cost for storage. Paper storage can cost a lot in both time and money, especially if left unorganized. SaaS allows you to have your data organized and condensed, no more wasting time hunting for needed data.
Remember, in order to have the best protection possible always follow the best practices and highly effective 3-2-1 Backup Rule!
3 total copies
2 are local but different mediums
1 copy offsite
Perpetual Storage Inc. (PSI) can help you with your storage needs. For more information read more here.